International Call for Best Practice Projects: Innovative Financing for Climate Projects
As part of the Post Paris Navigator, an initiative supported by the Austrian Development Agency (ADA), brainbows calls for sustainable best practice projects exploring innovative financing approaches to deliver climate action.
Climate change as well as mitigation and adaptation strategies are already affecting societies and economies of industrialized nations, but even more developing and emerging countries. These countries play a crucial role in the implementation of the UN Paris Agreement on Climate Change. Companies and organisations can make a significant contribution through their technologies and know-how to realise climate-resilient, sustainable projects on site.
Therefore, brainbows works with the support of ADA and together with the Austrian Economic Chambers (WKO AUSSENWIRTSCHAFT AUSTRIA) on the Post Paris Navigator to match relevant actors and to facilitate successful entries into new markets for companies. An essential part of this project is to provide key information about the global climate change process and about success factors of best practice projects. The overall goal is to establish an active networking community for sharing know-how and experiences to speed up project implementations.
ABOUT THE CALL
If you are active in the implementation of sustainable projects in or together with developing and emerging countries and if you would like to present them to an international audience, take the chance and participate in this call!
The current call focuses on innovative financing for climate projects. We are specifically looking for projects...
- delivering a positive climate impact,
- relating to developing and emerging countries,
- which apply (at least to some extent) innovative financing models like Blended Finance, Crowdinvesting/Crowdlending, Philanthropic Money, etc.,
- and/or receive support from International Financial Institutions/Mechanisms like the World Bank, the Green Climate Fund, Regional Development Banks (e.g. IDB, AfDB, ADB…) or corresponding European or national entities (e.g. EIB, EDF, ADA, OeEB, KfW…).
The projects submitted will be evaluated with regard to e.g. innovation, replicability and climate impact as well as their contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Together with selected submitters and experts, crucial success factors will be identified and summarized in a Best Practice White Paper for international stakeholders (see report from the 1st call). Finally, the most outstanding projects will be invited to be part of the next climate conference R20 AUSTRIAN WORLD SUMMIT (e.g. via online media, as participants, or on a side event) on May 28th 2019 in Vienna, with the participation of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the Austrian Federal President Alexander Van der Bellen and Federal Chancellor Sebastian Kurz, amongst others.
- Closing date: February 28, 2019
- Time required: approx. 20 min. (you may save your entries and resume later)
- Language: please submit your answers in English (preferred) or in German
- You can leave out questions that do not apply to your project
- It is possible to submit more than one project (at any project stage)
- Personal data will be handled in accordance with EU General Data Protection Regulation, specific project information will only be published after individual consultation.
- For any questions please contact Jan.Fucik@brainbows.com
Make people aware of your project! Show and share your successes and learn from other pioneering ventures!
We are looking forward to your participation!